Tuesday 7 May 2013

Beauty: Coconut Oil Cleansing Method

Hello Beauty DIYers...

I have been loving this cleansing method a lot lately. The weather changing has made my skin dull and dry. But this method fixes everything easily and quickly.

I know some people that have oily or acne prone skin may be reluctant to try this. But I can say it hasn't clogged any of my pores or made existing acne worse.

I have acne prone skin as well as hyperpigmentation. Coconut oil helps fade my acne scars with it's vitamin E properties. While it unclogs my pores with it's antiseptic properties.

Here's what you will need:
Wash cloth
Hot tap water
1 tbsp organic extra virgin Coconut oil

Massage your face in circular upward motions. This will remove makeup as well. It removes my waterproof mascara too. Smells delicious, moisturizes your skin and is a great antiseptic for acne.

Massage for about 5-10 minutes. Turn your tap water to hot and wet your clean wash cloth. Ring out the excess water and drape over your face. Steam for a minute or two. Remove the wash cloth and rinse with hot tap water. Ring out the excess water and remove the oil from your face in an upwards circular motion.

Follow with your favourite toner and you're done!

Cheers,

Vivian