Thursday 5 April 2012

Easter Jelly Bean Nail Art

What you will need:

Toothpicks
Plastic disposable dish
4-6 shades of nail varnish
My picks for this tutorial are:
Color Club - Forsythe
Essie - Turquoise & Caicos
Sally Hansen - Power Pink
Anna Sui - 239
Rimmel - Nail Tip Whitener
NYX - Pastel Lavender
Avon - Apricot Mystery

Choose a base colour for each one of your nails. Choose random colours and textures. The more random the better they look.

For the Paint Splatter design:
I used a toothpick and a dollop of Forsythe in my plate. I swirled it around until it started to thicken and get all stringy. I pulled strands of the polish and arranged them on my nail. Dotting and dragging the toothpick along the nail in random directions. Let dry and apply two coats of top coat.

For the Ditsy Dots design:
I used a clean tooth pick and a dollop of Rimmel Nail Tip Whitener in the plate. Best used when nail varnish is liquid form. Apply random dots all over your nail, then go back and apply dots next to the first dots. Twin them! Apply two coats of TC and voila!