Thursday 5 April 2012

February/March Haul Highlights

This scarf was purchased at Bluenotes which was also known as Thriftys in it's earlier days. This may still be available online at www.blnts.com I quite like the thin gauze like texture and the colour contrast of oranges, greens, yellows and black; it will be great for the warmer weather just as an accessory piece.



Pandora-style Bracelet and Charms were purchased on Ebay from various vendors, if you're interested please leave me a comment.

Danier Leather is a North American Leather company. This lusciously soft lambskin leather jacket has been the splurge purchase of my February/March Collective Haul.

Floral Scarf from H&M, SaMo
While I was vacationing in Los Angeles, it was very cold and windy during the 1-2 day rain storms. I didn't bring any warm clothing as I thought the weather would be quite warm. So I purchased this scarf at the H&M on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, it kept me warm while I traveled back to Los Angeles.
Double finger ring by Forever 21, SaMo

Sterling Silver Swirl Ring from Kohl's, SaMo
Nail Polish in this photo is Turquoise & Caicos by Essie. I really love this nail polish it has a built in gloss finish, the applicator is quite nice and sturdy as well. I didn't use a base or top coat, only used 2 coats of the nail polish to cover my nails and it lasted a week without any chipping. I just had to remove the nail polish due to my nail growth.


Cape Coat from Kohl's, SaMo
I was extremely excited to find this coat in Santa Monica as I've been searching for the perfect cape coat for about 2 or 3 years now. I found this one in a size M/L, luckily it had adjustable straps on the inside to make it smaller. It's got lovely pockets and large button detailing. <3 it!
Bodycon Knee Length Skirt from Forever 21, SaMo
I was looking for a nice striped bodycon skirt. I was extremely surprised to find it in the knee length style also, especially at Forever 21. As their skirts are usually minis, I'm not a huge fan of them as I cannot wear them to work or on a daily basis. They just don't work out for my lifestyle.
Mini Lush Haul: Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask, Mint Julips Edible Lip Scrub, Grease Lightning Cleanser (smells divine).
 I used the Love Lettuce face mask about once a week to soak up some oil and to exfoliate with the almond shell grainy bits. It's a lovely mask and I recommend it for oily combination skin.
I finally purchased a Mint Julips lip scrub after watching MissGlamorazzi talk about it and how good it tastes. I just had to try it out and I agree 100% it tastes delicious and it works really well.
I also use the Grease Lightning gel as a toner before bed, in the morning I mix it with my moisturizer and apply it before make up. I don't find it helps zap my spots too much, but it surely does help with oil control.  
February/March Favourites: Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss, EOS Lip Balm in Peppermint, Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm, Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 250 Fresh Beige & Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.


























At first when purchasing the Baby Lips in Peach Kiss I thought it would have more pigmentation to give me a nude or shimmery sheen on my lips. But it didn't, it is more of a lip balm sheen, overall it is very moisturizing and smells quite lovely. I don't really like the taste of it though, it has a sweet wax-like taste. But I'm open to trying the other shades/scents/flavours.
The EOS Lip Balms have been the big hype on YouTube for a lot of the beauty gurus. From my personal experience I find the overall efficiency of this lip balm to be hit or miss. I find it moisturizes when you apply it, but it wears off fairly quickly. I love the packing of the product and I may purchase another scent just to compare the two.
Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm is so moisturizing, it smells like honey and roses and it tastes divine. I find the tin quite hard to open, I wish it came in one of those lip scrub jars with the screw top. I will definitely recommend this and purchase again.
Revlon Colorstay has been great with my acne-prone, oily combination skin. It has a full coverage with a dewy finish. On days where I prefer the light to medium coverage I tend to mix a small drop of this foundation with Lush Grease Lightning and my moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer. I apply it with my clean fingers or sometimes when I'm in a hurry I will use my ELF powder brush to buff it into my skin. I recommend this product as it caters to many different skin types. I use the oily combination skin version of this product and I love it.