Friday 13 July 2012

Beauty Review: Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Face & Body Scrub

Maximum strength, oil free, fights breakouts even after you rinse, has 2% salicylic acid acne medication naturally formulated with willow bark extract.

I use this scrub every other day to treat my acne, this scrub smells fabulous, it has a minty feeling when applied. The 227g or 8oz tube was a steal at $6.99 and this product is comparable to some expensive brands, but less expensive, less drying and it smells better too.

It helps buff away the dead skin formed over my dried up spots that create dry patches if not exfoliated. At first my skin broke out with some mini whiteheads as it wasn't used to the scrubbing and boosting of circulation in the facial area.

After a week, my skin is brighter and more dewy than oily, I can get away with just wearing tinted moisturizer and minimal concealer to cover up my hyper pigmentation scars from acne. I find this scrub does help fade my scars slowly but effectively used in conjunction with my Lush Grease Lightning tea tree cleanser as a spot treatment.

Overall I rate this product 4 out of 5. And I will definitely repurchase this item when it runs out.