Wednesday 11 July 2012

Beauty Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Black

 
I've been searching high and low budget mascaras for a perfect match to what I am looking for in a mascara.

Smudge proof
Waterproof
Clump free
Lasting volume & curl
Thickening

All of you might think that is impossible to find in 1 mascara. I've become sick and tired of layer different mascaras together to achieve the look that I want. I just want to carry one tube of mascara or at least minimize it to just 2. 

My skin and my eye area is quite oily, although I do use primer on a daily basis as my makeup tends to slide right off my face, especially on hot sweaty days in the summer. Mascara tends to melt into the oils of my skin and give me raccoon eyes. Hence, I cannot live with a mascara that smudges the slightest. 

I put this mascara to the test in a 90 minute infrared hot yoga class. After sweating buckets this mascara did not smudge and the waterproof capabilities did hold up to the test.

I find this wand does need to be cleaned off with a tissue or wet wipe before application, this way the old mascara is wiped off and the fresh mascara won't clump.

The volume and curl, thickness does last when your eyelashes are curled with an eyelash curler prior to application. However, the volume and curl doesn't last through a 90 minute infrared hot yoga class, but the lashes still have thickness.

Overall I rate this mascara 4 out of 5. I will definitely repurchase this mascara.