Monday 18 March 2013

My Travel Must Haves

Today I will be sharing my travel holy grail items. I absolutely cannot live without them.

Ipod & cell phone - keeps me connected and entertained, I usually make sure I have plenty of new tunes & shows to watch. This is how I caught up on the last season of Heroes.

Sunglasses - especially when you are so tired after a 16 hour flight, you can also wear them on the plane while you snooze.

Hand sanitizer - hah! I'm a germ-a-phobe. Currently loving Bath and Body Works Mrs. Claus Apple Pie Hand Sanitizer.

Hand lotion - dry hands drive me bonkers

Chapstick or Lipgloss - I have chronic dry lips, I always need a good Chapstick or Lipgloss. Blistex Moisture Melt gloss.

Hair serum - my chemically processed hair needs extra moisture when travelling. My favourite is Biosilk. Or you can always bring a tiny tub of coconut oil for this same purpose.

Eco Friendly Reusable Shopping Bag - you never know when you will need a bag, these are so handy to have. They barely take up any space.

Mini Perfume Atomizer - I carry my favourite perfumes with me just in case I need to freshen up. Currently filled with Victoria Secret Sexy Little Thing and Lavanila Pure Vanilla

Deodorant - good for before take off and after landing. Lafe's Natural BodyCare deodorant stick in Lavender.

Makeup Wipes & Nail polish remover wipes - chipped polish is one of my pet peeves. I must remove it all if I see a chip. I remove all my makeup before take off. I like the ones from LA Fresh.

A good Moisturizing Serum - I apply this to my face after I remove all my makeup. The flight usually dries up my skin which then leads to break outs and extremely oily skin. Aloe vera also works well if you don't have a serum.

Pashmina - keeps your neck warm, can be bunched up as a pillow or wrapped around you like a blanket.

Other travel tips:

Wear layers - so you can easily add and remove layers as needed

Bring socks and/or slippers - your feet will get cold on the flight, you will make use of these

Hair tie to tie your hair up - good for keeping your hair off your face when you sleep

Happy Travels :)